SUVs With the Most Towing Capacity
SUVs are called sport utility vehicles for a reason. When your purchase an SUV, you expect to get great utility features like a ton of cargo space, off-roading capabilities and a solid amount of towing capacity. While most SUVs can tow a decent amount, not all SUVs are created equal. There are some SUVs out there that are capable of towing much more than the rest. But which utility vehicles fit the bill? Find out the SUVs with the most towing capacity.
Here are the major SUVs that can tow the most weight, making them excellent options for those who want a little more utility from their utility vehicle. Whether you are looking for something foreign or something American-made, there are certainly some great options on this list:
- Ford Expedition: This powerful American-made utility vehicle is great for towing capacity, with the ability to tow over 6,500 pounds, which is great for an SUV.
- Chevy Tahoe and Chevy Suburban: Both the Chevy Tahoe and the Chevy Suburban, the larger off-shoot of the Tahoe, have the ability to tow over 6,000 pounds.
- GMC Yukon and GMC Yukon XL: Both the GMC Yukon and the GMC Yukon XL, which is the larger off-shoot of the Yukon, have the capability to tow over 5,000 pounds.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: While Jeep is known primarily for the off-roading capabilities their vehicles have, the biggest vehicle from Jeep is able to tow over 5,000 pounds.
- Toyota 4Runner: The Toyota 4Runner is meant to be the high-performance utility vehicle from the Toyota model lineup, so it is no surprise it can tow over 5,000 pounds.
- Nissan Armada: The biggest and most powerful SUV from Nissan is easily one of the most impressive when it comes to utility, with a towing capacity of over 6,500 pounds.